The Public Works Department handles street work, water and sewer line repair, meter reading and sanitation.
Garbage Collection Rules
The following policies are created in accordance with the local city procedures for the collection of refuse as governed by the city code as amended:
1. All residential household garbage must be placed on the property side next to the street curb or street right-of-way. Do not set garbage in the street.
2. All household garbage must be put in plastic bags (no blue bags) or boxes not exceeding 55 pounds in weight. Garbage cans are not allowed at the street. Garbage cans when placed at the street will be disposed of and the costs of the can will not be refunded to the residential customer.
3. Garbage is not to be placed at the curb earlier than 6:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled collection day.
4. Garbage must be placed out at the curb before 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
5. Handicapped or disabled occupants may qualify for special home residential garbage collection.
6. The city sanitation department will not dispose of special wastes, hazardous or toxic wastes, tires, petroleum products including paints, construction materials, auto hulks, agricultural wastes including insecticides, demolition materials and any other wastes that are not household generated.
Sanitation rates are included on the water bill and are subject to change upon adoption of a resolution approved by a majority vote of the city council in accordance with the provisions established in the city code.
If your trash was not collected or your bulk trash has not been collected please call Public Works, Maria 817-626-5421 ext. 332.
If you are interested in recycling it is through a contracted company. Recycling is picked up 2x a month, it is $10 a month and there is a $30 sign-up fee. Go to www.Recyclops.com/riveroaks